House With Fatal Fire Demolished
A work crew demolishes the home on Allview Road where 17-year-old Hannah Sarver was killed in a house fire last September.
Investigators ruled no criminal charges will be filed in the fire. Victims told investigators they never heard smoke alarms go off. Investigators determined the fire started in the kitchen from unattended cooking.
The Westerville Fire Department offers a program called “You Call, We’ll Install” that provides free smoke detectors for residents.