Road Report – Sunbury Road
Sunbury Road lowered by 2 feet
One of the major changes to Sunbury Road will be lowering it by about two feet to adjust the height to match the new storm drain system installed at the start of the project. The drain system helps eliminates flooding in the road and right-of-way.
The lower roadway also helps smooth the turns and make travel on the expanded surface safer.
The most dramatic change is the road between Lake and Sea Shell Drives. A section closer to County Line Road is also being lowered.
The anticipated completion date for this project is late fall 2017, weather permitting.
Sunbury Rd Improvements – From Westerville City Web Site
The City of Westerville is making the following Improvements:
- Adding a center turn lane and an additional northbound lane on Sunbury Rd from County Line Rd to Maxtown Rd
- Modifying the intersection at County Line Rd with additional lanes
- Installing a storm sewer system
- Installing curb and gutter
- Improving street lighting
- Adding a sidewalk on the west side of Sunbury Rd
- Adding a multi-use trail on the east side of Sunbury Rd
Detour and Schedule:
- Southbound traffic on Sunbury Rd will be detoured May through fall, 2017.
- The detour is westbound on Maxtown Rd to southbound Spring Rd to eastbound County Line Rd back to Sunbury Rd. Please click here to see graphic of current detour.
- The anticipated completion date for this project is late fall 2017*